Advanced Surf Pack - Perfomance Surfing
Advanced - description
an ADVANCED rider is a surfer who can paddle out alone to a surf spot he/she has never ridden, assess the lineup, and catch and ride waves to his/her choice of finish, confidently using a full range of turns in a distinctive, effective style.
Advanced - Goals
- Predict surf conditions at different surf breaks taking weather, tide, and land formations into consideration;
- Select a surfing location for the advanced surfer;
- Identify surf safety issues for the advanced surfer;
- How to negotiate larger waves;
- How to finish your ride on closing out and closed out waves;
- How to conserve energy;
- Different types of take-offs to help you catch waves;
- Using gravity and g-forces to control your board;
- Techniques to generate speed and power;
- Customise surfboards to suit your style and prevailing surf conditions;
- Surfing safety.
Perform and link surfing manoeuvres on forehand and backhand:
-Stall ( to position one's self deeper in the tube or to position one's self in a more critical section of the wave in order to launch a maneuver like a re-entry or aerial.);
-Snap-Vertical re-entry-Floater-Roundhouse cutback;
-Late take-off-Backdoor take-off-Tube ride;
-Experience surfing at a beach break, reef break, point break, river mouth break.