Intermediate Surf Pack - Green Wave Surfing
Intermediate - description
An INTERMEDIATE surfer can successfully paddle out alone at a familiar location and catch and ride waves to a logical finish frontside or backside, confidently using the three basic surfing turns - bottom turn, top turn and cutback.
Intermediate - Goals:
- Interpret weather, swell, tides, wind direction and speed information to work out surf conditions;
- Select a surfing location for the intermediate surfer;
- How surfers use rips to their advantage;
- Techniques to negotiate broken and unbroken waves including the duck dive;
- How to exiting water at different types of surf breaks;
- Choose suitable waves to ride;
- Identify the take-off position;
- Techniques for turning;
- Methods to get off the wave;
- Identify how parts of your board affect performance;
- Choose a surfboard for the intermediate surfer based on personal style and the surfing conditions;
- Identify surfing safety.
Preform and link surfing manoeuvres:
- Top turn, bottom turn, cutback, re-entry on backhand & forehand;
- Experience surfing at a beach break, reef break, point break, river mouth break.